By Paul Strong - Martial Law Monster Truck
February 18, 2008

We're off to Cincy now to hang out with my family, and tear it up in the monster truck again. I'm originally from Ohio, so it's cool to be here, plus it's warmer here than last weekend out!

For the third weekend in a row, wheelie contest would tear up body parts. Two box sides and the tailgate, again. As much as I don't like body work, I LOVE doing wheelies. After I did my first good wheelie a couple years ago, I knew what I was put on this planet to do, cool wheelies!

Next is racing. Completely to my fault, I slept on the line and Instigator was able to go on to next round of racing. There was nothing wrong with the truck at all, I just fell asleep at the line, which really disappointed me because that is one area that I've done extremely well all year, cutting a mean light. So I had to make sure that I did extra well in freestyle.

First out was Freedom Force. They had transmission problems earlier in the night which would end their run a little earlier than they had hoped. Next was Instigator. He had been running great all night. His freestyle run got cut a little short too because he got stuck on top of the van stack. This made me very nervous because I was next in line, and I had seen the first two trucks have pretty bad luck. I figured if all I get is one hit, it was gonna be big, so I floored it and hit the van stack with all I had. There was no way I was gonna get hung up on it, because I didn't even touch it. I completely cleared it and landed right in front of the next stack. I laid into the throttle again and sent the truck completely verticle, again clearing this stack and landing right in front of War Wagon. I could see the whites of Andy Hoffmans eyes when I landed there, and he was giving me a huge double thumbs up. I backed up, pointed Martial Law at another stack and launched it again. Once I got to the other end of the track, I could see my family in the stands cheering for me, so I went big again over the big stack. It was a pretty violent hit, but it was fun. I decided to tone it down just a bit and end my run while I still had a truck underneathe me.

Once I was done in freestyle, I ran up into the stands to meet some fans, then I sat with my family and watched the rest of the event. This was such a fun weekend again. We got to hang out with Jim, Chad, Mark, Andy, and Lionel. Then I also got to spend a lot of time with my cousins, which was cool because I don't get to see them very often. This was the first time they had seen me drive, so it was a pretty exciting deal for me. I can't wait to come back next year.

View More News | View All Photos